Welcome to Marksville High School's Website!
The mission of Marksville High School is to provide an appropriate educational program and learning environment that will effectively meet the educational needs of its students and citizens and help its students accomplish educational goals that are significant and transferable.
We at Marksville High School continuously strive to provide teaching and learning experiences that truly enable our students to be responsible and contributing citizens. To achieve this goal, we must have a clear vision of our ideal school.
In our ideal school, all students would experience:
- A diverse, challenging, and relevant curriculum, rich in research- based instruction and varied assessments. This curriculum would prepare all graduates for post- secondary education, training, and the world of work.
- A spirit of cooperation and communication where faculty and staff seek the input and personal involvement of parents, students, and community members in decisions that affect student learning.
- A personalized environment where every student has a sense of belonging and at least one adult advocate in the school.
- A school environment where all stakeholders teach and model trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- A spirit- filled campus where all teachers and students are engaged together beyond the classroom setting through extracurricular or co-curricular activities.
- A state-of-the-art infrastructure that provides a professional and secure environment for teaching and learning.
- State-of-the-art technology that is seamlessly infused in all classrooms and is available to every student.